Do you have the times and dates for these games?
The Region D tournament is shaping up to be one of the best tournaments in recent years. There are potentially some great match-ups in this tournament.
Which games are you most interested in seeing?
On the boys side, I'm looking forward to seeing Coeburn vs Castlewood. This is a game we were denied during the Greenwave Classic. Both teams have everything to gain and nothing to lose, so it should be a full throttle exhibition from the tip off.
There's a big question around Twin Springs right now with Kecev, Dockery, and Warner playing with injuries. If Twin Springs is 100%, I'd love to see a Twin Springs - Gate City barn-burner just for the pure intensity and rivalry.
Ultimately, a final between Twin Valley and Gate City could be a Region D classic. I think players, coaches, and fans from both teams have been prepping for this game for a long time. Personally, I would walk to Clinchco to see this game.
On the girls side, Haysi is undefeated in the BDD. St. Paul has had an excellent season in the Cumberland. Rasnick seems to be as close as he's ever been to taking the Lady Deacons to tbe big game. Gate City also had an extraordinary season. I would love to see Haysi and St. Paul match up and either team would give Gate City a great game.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Do you have the times and dates for these games?
Appalachia Bulldogs
Michigan Wolverines
[ QUOTE ]
On the girls side, Haysi is undefeated in the BDD. St. Paul has had an excellent season in the Cumberland. Rasnick seems to be as close as he's ever been to taking the Lady Deacons to tbe big game. Gate City also had an extraordinary season. I would love to see Haysi and St. Paul match up and either team would give Gate City a great game.
[/ QUOTE ]
Don't expect a SP/Haysi final. SP is not that good IMO. I do not know what TV has, but GC will wax SP if they face each other. I expect probably a GC/JJK final, or GC/Haysi.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Right now, these games are scheduled:
Region D Quarterfinal Games (Girls)
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Clinchco Elementary School
St. Paul vs. Twin Valley, 7:00 PM
Rye Cove vs. J.J. Kelly, 8:30 PM
----------------
Region D Quarterfinal Games (Boys)
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Clinchco Elementary School
Twin Springs vs. Haysi, 7:00 PM
Castlewood vs Coeburn, 8:30 PM
Winners of the quarterfinals will of course advance to the semi-finals. Girls semi-finals will be held on Thursday, beginning at 7:00 PM and boys semi-finals will be on Friday, beginning at 7:00 PM.
Both boys and girls championship games will be on Saturday, with the girls game beginning at 7:00 PM with the boys game following.
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have the times and dates for these games?
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Re: Girls Teams
I haven't seen Twin Springs girls play, but I have seen Twin Valley. TV is the number two seed in the BDD, but Haysi totally dominated them in the game I saw.
As far as the Lady Deacons go, they are 21-3 for the season. I haven't seen them play yet, so I can't comment. But, my contacts in the Cumberland tell me they are a very good team. If you recall, the Lady Deacons made it to the quarterfinals last year. The comments I've had are that the team has matured and improved greatly from last year.
[ QUOTE ]
Don't expect a SP/Haysi final. SP is not that good IMO. I do not know what TV has, but GC will wax SP if they face each other. I expect probably a GC/JJK final, or GC/Haysi.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
The St. Paul girls team is very good. I dont know if they have anything for GC or Kelly though.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
In the 3 times I have saw them, I was completely unimpressed each time. The won against a very poor TS team in the first outting, and it was in question until the 4th.
They were clobbered by RC @ RC in the second viewing. RC then lost to them at SP with two of their starters out, and their PG running the high post for them. RC almost came back and won, cutting the lead to 2 early in the 4th. SP only won that game by 10.
Had Petelle not fouled out Saturday, RC would have probably won again, even though they apparently played like crap. They still only lost 36-34, and missed a 3 at the buzzer. I would love for RC to do well, but I will be surprised if they get by JJK. If they cannot do that, I in no way expect SP to get by GC, or it to be very close.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I think any team that posts a 21-3 season has to be good.
I would agree regarding Gate City, but I think they can play with JJ Kelly. I would to see Kelly advance to the finals, but this is the same team that dropped games to PV and Clintwood.
[ QUOTE ]
The St. Paul girls team is very good. I dont know if they have anything for GC or Kelly though.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
[ QUOTE ]
I think any team that posts a 21-3 season has to be good.
[/ QUOTE ]
True in most cases. Takes a lot to win 21 games. But you also have to account for competition.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
[ QUOTE ]
St. Paul vs. Twin Springs, 7:00 PM
Rye Cove vs. J.J. Kelly, 8:30 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
...And Twin Springs Girls aren't in the Region Tourny.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Bookmarks